Should I really say that? That implies I don't want to be around my kids, which I do, but a few hour break is so fabulous!!! Well, Emily finished her first week of school happy with tons of new info and Dallin started Joy School today. Yea! He is so excited. For those of you wondering what that is...Joy School is a home-based rotating preschool--a co-op really. Basically there are 5 little 3 year-olds. We (the moms) worked out a curriculum for the year and every Tuesday and Thursday mornings they go to one of the moms' house for school. Each mom has them for a week and we rotate the supplies between moms. So, it works out that each mom only has 7 weeks or 14 days worth of teaching and 35 weeks total that they are gone. Its fabulous. We did it with Emily and it turns out it is all the same moms with the younger kids plus a newbie.
So, this morning I wake up and get ready and get Emily to school by 7:50, then take Kylie and Dallin to Kylie's Doctor appointment at 8:20. It is a follow-up for another UTI. She got one about 2 weeks back. That kid needs to tell her kidney to act right. Anyway, then we headed to Emily's school to drop off the Benadryl and doctors note to the school nurse just incase she were to ever get ahold of some sort of milk product and then to Joy School. Dallin is ecstatic. All the moms are talking the way moms do and each mother is explaining to Amber (the teacher this week) how their child does with bathroom needs. I proclaim, "Dallin is potty-trained, no worries!" About a nano-second later, one of the little boys comes running around the corner yelling that Dallin had wet his pants! What?! I know, I know. It serves me right and I have since learned my lesson to never brag again. So Dallin and Kylie and I headed back home, got new underware, shorts, socks and shirt--the pee got everywhere! And we headed back to joy school, with a spare set of clothes. Aaaaah! The good times!
However, I was able to head to Sam's, Walmart, and Men's Warehouse to get David's hem fixed in his suit, all in about an hour and a half. With three kids that would have taken the whole day! So hurray for Joy School and a few hours of freedom a week!
2 years ago
1 comment:
Yeah! So glad you are enjoying your new freedom. Who doesn't need a break from their kids, right? It just makes you happy to see them when they do come home. Hope there aren't anymore accidents for Dallin, and no more infections for Kylie. Yeah for getting to three places in just over an hour! It is definitely way easier for me to get out with just Autumn. I too am very much enjoying my whole day break!
Post a Comment