Sunday, October 4, 2009

Repentant

Ok, so this week I found out from my little first grader that she is the ONLY first grader who can't put a ponytail in her own hair!  What?!  Where's the memo that between kinder and first grade I was supposed to teach her this life altering skill?  Well, I didn't know, so Conference weekend was spent being filled with the Spirit and teaching an almost 7 year-old how to put a hair tie around a Barbie's mane.  Over and over and over we practiced and I have now brushed that poor Barbie's hair until it's nearly bald.  Did you know that a Barbie's hair gets really tangled having hair ties being constantly ripped from its head?  Anyway, all of that practicing happened on Saturday.  This morning after breakfast she ran upstairs to get dressed and came down quite some time later, squealing with glee.  She had done it!  I was going to show her how to put a pony tail in her own hair today, but she beat me to the punch.  She came down with a very messy, but technically correct ponytail in her hair.  So, congrats my little one.  You can return to your first grade classroom tomorrow with confidence.  Your mother has seen the error of her ways and now you are well on your way to greatness!

5 comments:

LuCi said...

So cute. fun conference memories. :)

Sarah said...

Who knew indeed?!?

Amber Staub said...

Thanks for the tip. I love that Emily is a year older than Channing so I can get tips and pointers from you on what I should be doing.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

lol, that is hilarious. I've put that on my calendar that in 2012 I should teach this to Kylee

Unknown said...

That's cute. Thank goodness for repentance.