Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jennifer

It's 4:01am.  I can't sleep.  I've been awake since 2:24am.  That's when the phone call came, from David.  His sister Jennifer has been released from her crippled body and is now free.  She left this world and entered a world of peace with our Heavenly Father at 2:20 this morning.  She is free.  Free from the pains and handicaps of this life.  Her mission is complete.

We received a phone call at about 4pm yesterday afternoon ( less than11 hours earlier) telling us that she had an abscess under her arm that got infected and she had been admitted to the hospital.  We didn't know she was sick.  We saw her last Sunday.  At 9:30pm we received another phone call.  We thought it was about the BYU game excitement.  It wasn't.  She had a 108 degree fever and had been intubated.  David left immediately for the hospital.  Four hours after he got there, sitting alone by her side as everyone else had gone to rest, she was gone.

Good-bye sweet Jennifer, I am looking forward to finally getting to know you, to talk with you and laugh with you when my time comes.

6 comments:

The Crandall Clan said...

Im so sorry Amy and David. I wish I would have known at church today. If there is anything I can do for you guys please let me know.
Kritstie

Brenda Liniger said...

I am very sad to hear this, such a sudden passing. Thankful that she didn't suffer long but how quickly so many lives were changed. I will pray for David's family as they embark on a difficult journey. Hugs and Kisses!

Holly said...

Sending *HUGS* your way! It's times like these when the Gospel of Jesus Christ means the most and gives us the most peace! Much love to your family and David's family!

LuCi said...

So sorry. I can't believe it, and how sudden. If you need anything let us know! You are all in our prayers!

Jana Brookes said...

Amy, so sorry to hear of this. We are thinking of you and your family.

Unknown said...

What a beautifully written post Amy. Love to you and your family. If there's anything you need this week, please let me know...