Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Vacation

Well we spent a full week in Tulsa and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  We visited my grandparents up there and aunts, uncle and cousins.  We also took some time to actually do some of the touristy things in Tulsa, something we have never actually done before.  There are tons of pictures and things to report on, but I have a stack of dirty dishes waiting for me.  I'll have to catch up on that stuff soon.  For tonight though, I wanted to share my favorite pictures from the trip.  These are pictures of my grandfather, Papa, and Dallin.  There is a lake behind their house and a family of geese that they frequently feed.  Papa had a heart attack a couple of months back and he is doing much better, which we are all so grateful for.  He is a wonderful man and I am so grateful to be his granddaughter and especially that our children have had a chance to get to know him and Nana (my grandmother).  We were up there for Father's Day too, which was great.

notice the flying bread above Dallin

Father's Day

 

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Fun stuff. I can't believe how big your kids are! About the white shirts- Usually Walmart of all places...the packs that come with a tie. I did notice when I was at the distribution center in Utah (Spanish Forks) that they sell them there as well. We are big on white shirts for the boys and they are hard to find. Target sometimes or Kohls! Good luck. I'm just not willing to pay a ton for them from a dept. store. But I have seen them at JcPenney at times.