So last night I was helping Emily get dressed after her bath. (I know, I know, she is old enough to dress herself, but it was late--David was at Young Men's and I wanted them in bed.) Ok, so I am helping her and she said, proudly, "I know what gay means."
Choke, splutter, cough..."What?"
"Mrs. Engle told us what gay means."
Gasp, "So, what does it mean?"
"It means really happy!"
I can't leave it at that. Did someone bring it up, did one of the kids talk about it...
"So, why did Mrs. Engle tell you about the word?"
"It's in the song," and she starts to sing. "5 Little SnowMen happy and gay, the first one said, what a nice day..."
How today's society has warped my mind. Yes, remember the good old days (even before my time) where gay meant happy and we weren't aftraid of our children learning it. There are practices in this world that I would like her protected from for a very looong time.
2 years ago
4 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry. That is a very funny story. Too bad "gay" has more than one meaning!
Well, at least you get a little relief. Hopefully she stays innocent for several more years.
That's hilarious! I agree with Bobby, hopefully she won't learn the other meaning for many years.
WOW,,,what an eye opening conversation!!! I was hoping to shield Benjamin from this sad rough world for a very long time, is that even possible?
Post a Comment