Well, I realize it has been awhile since I have posted anything and thanks for all of you who voted for Memorial Hermann through Colgate. Keep voting thru the end of February! Last we checked
Emily loves dance class and I’ve got to take some pictures of her in her leotard. She is so cute! She really is learning a lot and picking it up quickly—that of course makes her mommy very happy.
Last week we signed Emily and Dallin up for T-Ball. Dallin seems so young, yet he is the most excited. They start them at three and he will be three mid season… Today at Target we walked past the T-Ball mitts and balls and it was World War 3 trying to leave that section. All he wanted to do was play catch. So there I was for a few minutes playing catch with my little boy in the middle of the aisle. By the way the mitt he chose to put on was the pink camouflage one—oops, don’t tell Daddy! They start practices next month. Hopefully, Dallin will use up a lot of energy and Emily will learn to not duck from flying balls—we’ll see!
Ok older stuff:
For Christmas we gave my parents and sister dinner and a hockey game on us. We had a good time. Emily idolized the dancer girls and Dallin kept asking questions. I tried unsuccessfully to distract the older two during the fights, but with David egging them on…it didn't work too well!
We had a pretty cold January, so a few different nights we had a fire in the fireplace. The kids loved it. We read stories and talked about camping. The kids remembered their sleeping bags and they know how to beg a lot, so that night they got to sleep on the floor of Emily’s room in their sleeping bags. They were so cute and happy and surprisingly cheerful about sleeping in their beds again the next night.
One night earlier this month David came home from work, snagged Dallin and left quickly without saying much. They returned a few minutes later with flowers for all the girls. A yellow daisy for Kylie, pink carnation for Emily and a red rose for me. Emily and I were so surprised and Dallin was so excited to give us our flowers. We sure are lucky girls. Thanks boys!!!
One day I had been pretty busy trying to get some stuff ready for Church and Emily was bored. She finally decided that she was an astronaut and put on my boots and used this long string of beads for a "mission control" button. Anyway it was hilarious. She kept rocking in the rocking chair as hard as she could to “blast off” and then she would pretend she was walking around the moon and fighting off something. I am not sure what. Anyway, I had to take pictures so enjoy!
Saving the best for last…
Have I ever said on here that I love David’s job? In case I haven’t, I love David’s job!!! This last year has been pretty tough on us, me especially and if there was ever a person who really needed a break from it all it was me. So apparently the Chronicle heard about my need (was it the massive hospital bills from Kylie??) and wanted to help out in anyway that they could. (In reality David won a sales incentive back in November and the prize was awarded mid Feb.) Anyway, we David and I along with 8 other couples spent four days in
David's first time on the tarmac--very exciting
One day there, we went whale watching which was a ton of fun! It was great chasing the whales in the tour boat and seeing the tour guide get so excited. We also saw sea lions basking on the rocks and incredible scenery. We walked around the city of
They had real pirate ships. The kids really liked this one.
Here's the famous arch.
Here's a whale- I swear!
A gorilla outside a night club. Hey, if they have a gorilla, it's gotta be good! We didn't go in, but a picture seemed like a great idea.
The kids stayed with my parents and they kept them busy busy. They went to the Children’s Museum, PJ Story time at the Library, birthday parties, dance and I don’t know what else. Of course I called and checked in often and I was so relieved that they were all surviving. We came back feeling great and my poor parents and sister looked thoroughly exhausted. Thanks guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment